Board Meeting minutes September 24, 2013
Location: SCG trailer
Board members in attendance
- Pres. Ila Falvey
- Vice Pres. Janet Adams
- Treas. Jack Reynolds
- Secretary Berkley Bettis
- Emily Tisinger
- Kay McMurray
The meeting was called to order by Pres. Falvey at 6:30 PM.
On motion of Bettis, seconded by Adams, the minutes of the July and August meetings were approved unanimously.
Kay now has an accurate and up-to-date membership list. Jack is in sync.
The following were scheduled:
- All gardeners meeting: Saturday, October 5, 11 AM
- December 8, 5 PM meeting, party and sale
- February 15, 2014 10AM all gardeners meeting
- May 31, 2014 board member election 10 AM online voting to follow
- Next board meeting October 8 at 6:30
- There will be a board meeting the second Tuesday of every month.
- The wildlife habitat sign needs to be put out.
- Jack presented information relating to sales taxes. Food plants are exempt, ornamentals are taxable. The resale of used property is taxable. There is an exception of two days per year for nonprofits. The plant sale is one of our tax free days, and the other will be around Christmas, including shirts and tools. All other property dispositions are to be gifts or charitable donations.
- Because we do not have enough compost of our own, there was discussion of buying compost for the Micah 6 garden, with enough to give each gardener 10 gallons. Ila will check on the cost of a truck load of compost to be added to the pile for free distribution. There will be an announcement in the Weeder.
- Now that we have a tractor, we need to step up compost production. Emily will check on Kitchen Pride mushroom compost.
- There was discussion of TSBVI's water use, including their greenhouse and the status of their well.
- A new cover for the hoop house needs to be ordered. The garden port needs a new door.
- Randy needs the debit card number to begin ordering seeds for the next plant sale.
- There is too much plastic on the ground. Paths need to be kept clear. Divots should be replaced.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.