February 21, 2015
The meeting was called to order by President Ila Falvey after determining a quorum was present.
Ila opened the meeting by giving information about the plant sale:
- Gardener's are encouraged to help publicize the sale by passing out the post cards and any other way to help get the word out.
- Donations for pass along plants are encouraged.
- Help in potting the pass along plants will be needed before the sale.
- T-shirts will be for sale at the plant sale.
- Minor Mishap Band will be performing.
Michael Hall, Plant Sale Coordinator, presented the following information about the sale:
- Revenue from the sale helps cover our bills; 10% of sale proceeds will be donated to TSBVI.
- Bob Easter is doing the marketing for the sale and getting media coverage.
- He urged gardeners to help get the word out through social media.
- We need help the Wednesday and Thursday before the sale to unload the plants from the Gabriel Valley trucks. Herbs will also be moved from TSBVI greenhouse those days, so many bodies are needed.
- Tuesday morning before the sale the tents arrive.
- Friday morning anchor exhibitors, Buck Moore and Zinger's Hardware, will move in.
- Natural Gardener has donated 10 yards of compost. We need help starting 9:00 Friday morning bagging the compost. Gardeners are asked not to take the bagged compost, but to take compost directly to their gardens in the wheelbarrows.
- Friday at 5:00 volunteers will meet. Following the meeting, volunteers will be able to purchase plants.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served for the volunteers. Volunteers are asked to eat in the trailer.
- We will sell any remaining plants on Sunday. Left over plants will be donated to non-profits. For accounting purposes we need a letter from recipients stating they received X number of plants.
Mary Gifford reported on work being during the work day. She also listed tasks that need to be completed:
- There are some items that need to be taken to Goodwill and recycling.
- TSBVI clean up jobs include clearing leaves and weeds along fence and picking up rocks.
- Mowing and weeding need to be completed before the plant sale.
- There is another work day scheduled for February 28, 2015.
Ila Falvey adjourned the meeting.