Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
14 December 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
More on Mushrooms
South Austin Brite Ideas is offering a FREE class with Jason Avent, Mushrooms and Mushroom Composting For your Garden.
Mushrooms are a delicious and nutritious food. Learn how easy these are to grow and how their "leftovers" of mushroom compost are a valuable addition to your garden and landscape. Make your own mushrooms and compost out of the wastes you already have and unlock the value of your organic resources. Live in-class inoculation!
December 16th - 12:00 pm
- Saturday, Dec 16 from 12:00 pm Mushrooms and Mushroom Composting: free class (see above for more information)
- Sunday, Dec 17 from 3 pm to 5 pm Final Organized Work Day led by Zone 6 coordinators Charlotte Jernigan and Marilyn Landberg. The deadline for volunteer hours is December 31, so please check the Green Binder on the website to make sure your hours have been recorded.
Sunshine's Snow Surprise
On Friday, December 8, community member Tim Loughran captured images of Sunshine in the snow. Thank you for rising early and sharing the photographs, Tim!
Sunshine gardeners were lucky that this snow was not accompanied by a hard freeze, so it is thought that no one lost winter crops.
RIP, A Chicken Coop Loss
From Ila Falvey: The little Banty passed on to chicken Heaven Dec. 12 after a long life (18 years) at Sunshine.
Thanks to all who have recently donated items for the 'Passalongs and Ornamentals' Tables for Sunshine's 2018 Spring Sale. Please hold on to your donations until closer to our sale in March. If questions and to coordinate donations: contact Susan Prosperie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney email@example.com
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder