Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
16 February 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
Plant Sale Pre-Sale Activities
Remember, this fundraiser is what keeps our membership fees reasonable and makes our special projects possible.
Workdays - To get ready for the Plant Sale!
Please plan to come for the workdays scheduled to get ready for the Plant Sale.
There will be lots to do to make Sunshine shine for all of our visitors.
- Sunday February 19 - 8:30am-11:30am
- Saturday February 25 - 10:00am-2:00pm
For information: Janet or Randy at email@example.com
Sunshine needs your help for the plant sale. There are many jobs
so pick your favorite(s). Many volunteers are needed to form the
human conveyor belt to unload and set up plants and bag compost
prior to the sale.
Please to contribute to the success of the plant sale. Thank you.
Music Committee Co-Chair needed for 2017 & 2018
Do you love the Austin Americana music scene?! Are you a committed member of Sunshine who sees yourself getting more involved in the Plant Sale for 2018? The Music Committee is in need of a 2017 Co-Chair who wants to learn the ropes and become the leader for 2018. Charlotte has done the music for the past 5-7 years...more? Whose counting! It's a very rewarding job but it's time for fresh energy. Please contact me, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
The fantastic band, Bob Slaughter & Laughing Waters, are set and ready to play for on March 4th; this is their 5th year with us! Our newest tradition, a repeat of last year's fabulous & fun "march in" by The Hey Lolly Brass Band is also set and ready. Its going to be a great year for music at the Sunshine Plant Sale!
If you have plants to donate for the pass-along table, please leave them under the benches in the greenhouse or on the tables just outside the greenhouse.
Postcards and Posters
There are a limited number of postcards and posters available that
advertise our spring plant sale. If you have favorite stores, shops
or business where you know you can post a notice please pick one up
in the trailer. If you need more then a few, please contact Janet at
email@example.com. If you
would like to print on your own, copies are available on the web site.
Black & White
Press Release for Distribution
Please share this information with your neighborhood association and any other group you think would have an interest. Press Release
Boxes for the Plant Sale
It's time to start collecting boxes for the plant sale. Ideally, members will collect those boxes that retailers use for display. Excellent choices are those from canned pet food and flats used to hold beer or berries. Not as excellent choices are big boxes. When you do collect those boxes, please place them in the trailer on and around the white tables. This will be ongoing until the plant sale on March 4.
Black Plastic for Common Paths and Paths Between Plots Available
Putting down black plastic and wood chips is an effective way to maintain paths. A supply of 4'x20' strips of heavyweight black plastic for use on common paths and pathways between adjacent plots is in the tool shed under the window on the right as you enter. For better weed suppression, it is recommended the path is partially cleared of Bermuda grass and weeds before putting down the plastic and wood chips. Weed suppression is further enhanced if a layer of cardboard/newspaper/etc. is put under the plastic. The supply is monitored but if is out, please contact Jim Willmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mushroom Compost is Still available
We need to use it up before the plant sale!
The compost will be available to SCG gardeners at a cost of $1.00 per bucket. The money box is located in the hoop house. The compost comes from Monterrey Mushrooms in Madisonville. Information about mushroom compost. Thanks to Bill Biggs for arranging the delivery of the mushroom compost.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to email@example.com.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Jeff Monks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Jim Willmann email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder