Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
Sunshine Volunteer Appreciation Party
Saturday, April 13, 12 noon
All gardeners are invited to come join in at the Volunteer Appreciation party this Saturday. It takes the work and dedication of all the gardeners who volunteer to . .
- Organize and work during our plant sale
- Keep our gardens mowed, weeded, and well maintained
- Enrich and turn the compost piles
- Sweep out the trailer and the tool shed
- Keep our tools and equipment in good repair
- and to do all the other tasks too numerous to mention
- . . . to keep Sunshine Community Gardens going and growing.
Come and show your appreciation and BE appreciated by your follow gardeners. Sandwiches will be provided, and gardeners are welcome to bring a favorite side dish to share.
Workday - Saturday, April 13th - 10am to 12 noon
The next Workday is scheduled for Saturday, April 9th.
Meet at the garden trailer to find out tasks that need to be done.
Come a little early to meet and chat with your fellow workday volunteers.
All Gardeners Meeting with Officer Elections - May 18 at 10am
The next All Gardeners Meeting is the annual meeting when we elect new board members. The terms for the following officers end in May: president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer. We also need to elect a member to fill a vacancy on the Nominating Committee. If you, or some you know, would like to be candidate for any of these positions, please contact Scott Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marge Trachtenberg (email@example.com) who are on the Nominating Committee.
Volunteer needed for the Audit Committee
The Board needs a volunteer to serve on the three-member Audit Committee. We are looking for a gardener who is CPA to fill this role.
If you are interest or would like more information, please contact Jack McEvoy, firstname.lastname@example.org or any other board member.
Vegetables to Plant in April
Beans ~ Beets ~ Black-eyed Peas
Cantaloupe ~ Chard ~ Cucumbers
Eggplant ~ New Zealand Spinach ~ Okra
Peppers ~ Pumpkin ~ Radishes
Summer Squash ~ Sweet Corn ~ Sweet Potatoes
Tomatoes ~ Watermelon
Herbs to Plant in April
Anise ~ Basil ~ Borage ~ Chives
Comfrey ~ Cumin ~ Fennel ~ Lavender
Lemon Grass ~ Lemon Verbena ~ Mexican Mint Marigold
Oregano ~ Rosemary ~ Sage ~ Sorrel
Summer Savory ~ Tansy ~ Thyme ~ Yarrow
Cactus & Succulent Show & Sale
Saturday & Sunday, Apr 13 & 14, 10am-5pm
A chance to see and purchase rare and beautiful cacti and succulent species from around the world. Educational information, literature, and expert advice will be available. For more information about the Austin Cactus & Succulent Society and its programs, visit www.AustinCSS.com.
Calendar of Events
- Workday - Saturday, April 13 from 10am to 12 noon
- Volunteer Appreciation Party - Saturday, April 13 at 12 noon
- Workday - Saturday, May 4 from 10am to 12 noon - 9:30 for coffee before work
- Board Meeting - Tuesday, May 14 at 6:00pm
- All Gardeners Meeting and Elections - Saturday, May 18 - 10am at the garden
Record Service Hours Online - the Virtual Green Binder
To unsubscribe send a message to: email@example.com