Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
15 June 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
Deadline for Spring Season Service Hours 6/30
The deadline for completing spring season service hours is June 30. Gardeners are billed for unworked hours: $50/hr. for TSBVI hour(s), $30 for first two regular hours and $10 for other regular hours. Gardeners should check the Green Binder on the Sunshine Gardens website for both their required hours and the number of hours worked. A listing of which tasks count for regular and TSBVI service hours can be found in the service hour guide on website. Several all-garden workdays have been scheduled to assist gardeners in completing their needed hours. Some zone coordinators may also be scheduling special projects for their zone.
Earn TSBVI hours by working with Ila and her new garden tool on 6/17 and 6/18 by joining Ila by the street garden to weed the community flower and vegetable gardens. There will be a sign in sheet. To receive service credit, weeding must take place at this time to ensure that only unwanted plants are removed.
Gardeners who have not completed their TSBVI hour(s) will have several opportunities to do so.
- Saturday, 6/17 8:30-10:30 Leader: Mary Gifford (Zone 5 Coordinator)
- Saturday, 6/17 10:00-11:00 Leader: Ila Falvey (Zone 4 Coordinator)
- Sunday, 6/18 10:00-11:00 Leader: Ila Falvey (Zone 4 Coordinator)
- Sunday, 6/25 Time TBD Leader: Chris Schroder (Zone 10 Co-coordinator)
Don't let your harvest go to waste!
Micah 6 Food Pantry deliveries are now twice a week on Thursdays at 3:00 PM and Saturdays at 9:00 AM.
Bring your donations to the Cool Room in the trailer or place them in the refrigerator at least a half hour before delivery time or any reasonable time before delivery day. There are plastic bags in the Cool Room for your use.
Our support of the Micah 6 Food Pantry has been ongoing since 2003. The Micah 6 Food Pantry is a coalition of eleven University of Texas Area churches. It is also one of the largest distributors of food from the Central Texas Food Bank.
Going on vacation? or don't have time to harvest?
Your garden will be harvested per your instructions and the produce will be donated to the Micah 6 Food Pantry. We are trying to simplify the procedure. We want to be sure that the gardens to be harvested are identified correctly and that specific instructions are observed. Therefore, we are asking those who wish to participate to:
- Place a flag (located in the corner of the Cool Room) in your plot.
- Fill in the information sheet on the clip board on the table in the Cool Room with your first and last name, plot number, start date to harvest produce during vacation, and end date to harvest produce at end of vacation. Add specific instructions on what to harvest and what NOT to harvest.
Please note: There is a SCG plot diagram on the clip board and one on the wall of the Cool Room so that you can identify your plot number.
Earn volunteer hours by being part of the volunteer team.
We do need volunteers to help harvest and prepare deliveries and/or to deliver. We are in particular need for volunteers to help with the Thursday harvesting/deliveries since we have just added that day to our schedule. Service hours will be awarded.
Who do I contact?
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder