Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
17 June 2015
A great time was had by all, if you missed it this year make a point of going next year. Where else do you get a chance to sample 58 varieties of different tomatoes?
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Tomato Tasting last Saturday. A big thank you to everyone who generously donated tomatoes. We sampled 58 varieties in all. The general consensus was that the tomatoes had less flavor this year but a few varieties did stand out. We also had a potato show-n-tell with approximately 9 varieties on display. The results will be published on our webpage once they're tabulated, and announced in the Weeder.
Get Your Volunteer Hours in now before the deadline.
All gardeners need to complete their service hours by June 30 including the 1 hour for TSBVI. To help gardeners get in any needed hours, workdays will be held this weekend. There will also be projects to satisfy the required TSBVI hour.
Saturday 20th June 8:00 am - 11:00 am
This work session will be led by Christopher Schroder and Ludmilla Voskov. For more information email them at email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.
Sunday 9:00 am until 12:00 pm.
This session will be led by Ila Falvey. For more information email Ila at email@example.com
If you need to complete your service hours, these workdays will be an opportunity to do so. Remember there are only two more weekends in June - this weekend and next weekend. Gardeners will be charged for any unworked hours.
Service hours can be checked online
Please take a moment to check your service hours entries on the virtual green binder. You can see what your bill will be based on your current entries. The deadline is June 30 for working and entering hours. You will be charged for unworked hours.
Missing bird cage
A large bird cage in front of the chicken coop is missing. Please return it if you took it. Remember, only items to the left of the toolshed door are available for the taking.
Bulk Soil Purchases
Natural Gardener is closing its soil yard at the end of June to make room for Nursery expansion. Get your bulk purchases now.
What to Plant in June
Malabar Spinach, Okra, Southern Peas, Sweet Potato, and Pumpkin.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Garden
- President - Jeff Monks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Jim Willmann email@example.com
- Secretary - Ginny Heilman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Michael Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Director - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 1, Jody Trendler email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Jing Li email@example.com
- Zone 8, Irina Kadukova firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Cheryl Hazeltine email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Margaret Powis email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Michael Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
- TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Rental - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Stewart Nichols firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - the Virtual Green Binder