Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
29 June 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
Service Hour Deadline FRIDAY!!
The deadline to enter your hours is Friday 6/30. Gardeners will be billed for unworked hours: $50/hr. for TSBVI hour(s), $30 for first two regular hours and $10 for other regular hours. Gardeners should check the Green Binder on the Sunshine Gardens website for both their required hours and the number of hours worked.
There are no more organized, supervised work days. If you need to squeeze in those last few hours, here are some projects that are needing to be done.
TSBVI Hours / TSBVI Garden area:
- Weed gravel pathways and rake smooth with flat side of rake
- Trim any plants spilling over the sides of the raised beds impeding walking
- Deadhead spent blooms
- Harvest any veggie produce and place in cool room for Micah 6 delivery
There is a plot in Zone 2 (G1-5, consult map in cool room for exact orientation) that needs clearing. Please be careful to get the correct location. If in doubt, consult one of the members regularly in attendance (Randy, Janet, Ila, Mary, Kay, etc.) It is full of orange flowers and Bermuda grass. Please place uprooted materials in the furthest compost pile, the one for woody plants and weeds.
Also, one may clean up non-biodegradable trash from the compost area.
Go Fund Me Request
One of our gardeners had an allergic reaction to ants in the garden and had to be rushed to the emergency room. She does not have health insurance and the cost is around $2,000. If you can, please help her cover the cost of her medical bills through this go fund me page. https://www.gofundme.com/mercedeslaland
Protect the Monarch Butterfly Forest
I think we all are pretty much aware of the Monarch Butterflies and the precarious environment in which they live. They come through Austin when migrating to Mexico in the fall - it's a sight to see. The reporting here is accurate. If appropriate, sign on, and pass it on. Thank you. (PS - You will receive an email from Change.org afterwards and easily unsubscribe) https://www.change.org/p/protect-the-monarch-butterfly-forest-bring-back-the-rangers.
Free Gardening Stuff
The space in front of the tools shed is for free gardening stuff. Take what's there if you need it or leave what you don't need for other gardeners.
Found - Kids Magnifying glass
This magnifier is on the table in the trailer. If it is yours please claim it.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder