Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
1 September 2016
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
All Gardeners Meeting 9/17 - Mark your calendar!
The next All Gardener Meeting will be Saturday, September 17, 10:00 am. Agenda will include site rule changes relating to plot compliance and the fall plant sale. Background on the site rule changes will be provided to members before the meeting, and the full agenda will be posted when finalized. Coffee, juice, and pastries will be provided.
The All Gardener meetings are a good time to meet and visit with your fellow gardeners, in addition to being more involved in the management of the garden. So mark your calendar to join your fellow gardeners on 9/17. If you have any topics you would like to see membership discuss, please contact Jeff Monks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Plant Sale
To see a list of all the interesting plants we will be selling go please see our plant list. Don't forget to tell all your gardening friends.
Featured Gardener Articles
If you are interested in being a featured gardener in the Weekly Weeder please fill out the survey.
What to do in your garden this month
Plant vegetable plants. Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, chard, collards, endive, kale, lettuce, mustard.
Plant herb seed. Borage, caraway, chamomile, chervil, chives, cilantro, dill, fennel, parsley, summer savory.
Plant herbs plants. All perennial herb plants; plus cilantro, dill, fennel, parsley.
Plant flower/ornamental seeds. Alyssum, calendula, cornflower, delphinium, hollyhock, Johnny jump-up, larkspur, liatris, love-in-a-mist (nigella), pansy, poppy, snapdragon, stock, sweet pea.
Plant annual flower/ornamental plants. Alyssum, aster, calendula, cornflower, dianthus, larkspur, lobelia, petunia, phlox, snapdragon, stock.
Plant wildflower seeds. They love full sun! You have until Thanksgiving to plant them, but September through early October is best.
Divide perennials. Transplant or give away your divisions of: daylily, bearded iris, Shasta daisies, violets, wood ferns, and Cannas.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to email@example.com.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Garden
- President - Jeff Monks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Jim Willmann email@example.com
- Secretary - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, vacant
- Zone 8, Irina Kadukova email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Michael Hall email@example.com
- TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plot Rental - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Micah 6 Coordinator - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 Coordinator - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder