Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
1 September 2016
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
All Gardeners Meeting 9/17 - Mark your calendar!
The next All Gardener Meeting will be Saturday, September 17, 10:00 am. Agenda will include site rule changes relating to plot compliance and the fall plant sale. Background on the site rule changes will be provided to members before the meeting, and the full agenda will be posted when finalized. Coffee, juice, and pastries will be provided.
The All Gardener meetings are a good time to meet and visit with your fellow gardeners, in addition to being more involved in the management of the garden. So mark your calendar to join your fellow gardeners on 9/17. If you have any topics you would like to see membership discuss, please contact Jeff Monks at email@example.com.
Fall Plant Sale
To see a list of all the interesting plants we will be selling go please see our plant list. Don't forget to tell all your gardening friends.
Featured Gardener Articles
If you are interested in being a featured gardener in the Weekly Weeder please fill out the survey.
What to do in your garden this month
Plant vegetable plants. Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, chard, collards, endive, kale, lettuce, mustard.
Plant herb seed. Borage, caraway, chamomile, chervil, chives, cilantro, dill, fennel, parsley, summer savory.
Plant herbs plants. All perennial herb plants; plus cilantro, dill, fennel, parsley.
Plant flower/ornamental seeds. Alyssum, calendula, cornflower, delphinium, hollyhock, Johnny jump-up, larkspur, liatris, love-in-a-mist (nigella), pansy, poppy, snapdragon, stock, sweet pea.
Plant annual flower/ornamental plants. Alyssum, aster, calendula, cornflower, dianthus, larkspur, lobelia, petunia, phlox, snapdragon, stock.
Plant wildflower seeds. They love full sun! You have until Thanksgiving to plant them, but September through early October is best.
Divide perennials. Transplant or give away your divisions of: daylily, bearded iris, Shasta daisies, violets, wood ferns, and Cannas.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Garden
- President - Jeff Monks email@example.com
- Vice President - Jim Willmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, vacant
- Zone 8, Irina Kadukova firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Michael Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
- TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Plot Rental - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 Coordinator - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 Coordinator - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder