Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
13 October 2016
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
Saturday, 10/15 8:30 am to 10:30 am
Gardeners can earn service hours by assisting with recreating common paths in Zone 5. Materials will be provided.
You can earn TSBVI service hours by:
- Weeding granite paths in the TSBVI garden, particularly along the north border where Bermuda is taking over.
- Clearing the fence line of Bermuda grass, Johnson grass (developing seed heads) and other weeds. Hackberries in the fence line have been cut back to below ground level or a 6" stump has been left for the tree puller machine which will happen after the next rain. Please do not cut off these stumps while clearing the fence line. Also, do not cut the Carolina Snailseed vine (has red berries) or the native Clematis vine (primarily in the compost area).
Volunteer Job Available
Pick up discarded food from Whole Foods to deliver to the Sunshine compost piles where another of our members will empty the boxes and manage that part of the job.
The schedule is every Tuesday and/or Thursday at 6:00 am from the downtown Whole Foods (6th and Lamar). Both days are available and multiple volunteers could make it work. This job requires a truck/SUV/station wagon and strength to pick up boxes of food that Whole Foods will no longer sell. One of our members did this job for 15 years and is willing to answer questions and even go with you the first time. Please contact Janet Adams at email@example.com if you are interested.
Gardeners Night Out
Fun was had by all last Saturday at the "Gardeners night out". We had a great turnout and some interesting beers. Maybe we should do it again?
Garden Hatha Yoga
|When:||Before daylight savings - Tuesdays 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
After daylight savings - Tuesdays 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
|Where:||In front of the trailer.|
Classes are for all levels and beginners are welcome. You will need to provide your own mat. Classes are donation based.
If you are interested contact Ashley Weber (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Micah 6 News
Deliveries are now mostly okra and eggplants from the Micah 6 garden.
We are presently delivering on Saturday mornings only - usually by 9:00 AM.
We welcome any vegetables that you wish to donate.
They should be placed either in the cool room (the room with the air conditioner) or in the refrigerator.
We are presently preparing beds for fall vegetables.
On Sept. 24, we delivered 27.5 bounds and on 10/1 we delivered 30.5 pounds.
Featured Gardener Articles
If you are interested in being a featured gardener in the Weekly Weeder please fill out the survey.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to email@example.com.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Jeff Monks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Jim Willmann email@example.com
- Secretary - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Irina Kadukova email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Vacant
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder