Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
17 November 2016
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
A new opportunity to help. One of our members has arranged for us to pick up some of the food waste from Central Market on North Lamar. "We could start picking up from the kitchen/coffee bar area. This would entail picking up 5 gallon buckets of compostables (I think It would be about 4 per day to start with). Most of this would be coffee grounds, and cut fruits left over from the previous day...Pickup would need to be around 9, by 10 at the latest."
If you are interested, it seems like this opportunity is available most days. Our compost will thank you. Please contact Janet Adams at email@example.com
Annual Holiday Party - Save the Date!
When: December 3rd, 5:00 PM
Come meet your fellow gardeners, eat delicious food, win door prizes, share your love of gardening and have a wonderful time at Sunshine's Annual Holiday Party and very short meeting.
If you want to help with the festivities, please contact Ila.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder: Deadline for Fall Season Service Hours Is 12/31.
The deadline for completing and recording fall season service hours is December 31. A review of the Green Binder database shows, as of 11/15, gardeners still needed to complete and/or record 1000 service hours by December 31. Gardeners can check both their required hours and how many worked in the Green Binder on the Sunshine Gardens website. There will be workdays in November and December to facilitate gardeners completing their fall service hours - both regular and TSBVI hours.
- Saturday 11/19 morning or early afternoon - Contact Ila if interested at Ila.email@example.com
- Sunday 11/20 morning or early afternoon - Contact Ila if interested at Ila.firstname.lastname@example.org
- November - Saturday 11/26 Time TBD
- December - TBD but likely Saturday 12/10 or 12/17
Featured Gardener Articles
If you are interested in being a featured gardener in the Weekly Weeder please fill out the survey.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to email@example.com.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Jeff Monks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Jim Willmann email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder