Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
17 November 2016
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
A new opportunity to help. One of our members has arranged for us to pick up some of the food waste from Central Market on North Lamar. "We could start picking up from the kitchen/coffee bar area. This would entail picking up 5 gallon buckets of compostables (I think It would be about 4 per day to start with). Most of this would be coffee grounds, and cut fruits left over from the previous day...Pickup would need to be around 9, by 10 at the latest."
If you are interested, it seems like this opportunity is available most days. Our compost will thank you. Please contact Janet Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Holiday Party - Save the Date!
When: December 3rd, 5:00 PM
Come meet your fellow gardeners, eat delicious food, win door prizes, share your love of gardening and have a wonderful time at Sunshine's Annual Holiday Party and very short meeting.
If you want to help with the festivities, please contact Ila.email@example.com.
Reminder: Deadline for Fall Season Service Hours Is 12/31.
The deadline for completing and recording fall season service hours is December 31. A review of the Green Binder database shows, as of 11/15, gardeners still needed to complete and/or record 1000 service hours by December 31. Gardeners can check both their required hours and how many worked in the Green Binder on the Sunshine Gardens website. There will be workdays in November and December to facilitate gardeners completing their fall service hours - both regular and TSBVI hours.
- Saturday 11/19 morning or early afternoon - Contact Ila if interested at Ila.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday 11/20 morning or early afternoon - Contact Ila if interested at Ila.email@example.com
- November - Saturday 11/26 Time TBD
- December - TBD but likely Saturday 12/10 or 12/17
Featured Gardener Articles
If you are interested in being a featured gardener in the Weekly Weeder please fill out the survey.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Jeff Monks email@example.com
- Vice President - Jim Willmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder