Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
19 November 2014
T-shirt design competition
Voting ends at midnight Sunday - November 23
Three designs tied with the most votes, and a run-off is necessary. (Just like the real Nov 4 elections). The T-shirt will be gray based on the recommendation of our vendor, a gardener, who thinks it the best color for active gardeners.
If you have not voted, please VOTE using this link to choose the design of your choice.
Holiday Potluck Gathering
Saturday, 6 December, 5:00 pm
Mark your calendar and plan to join your fellow gardeners to kick off the Holiday Season. Please bring a dish to share. No speeches, great food, scintillating conversation, music TBD, door prizes, and opportunity to buy the newly designed Sunshine T-shirt.
The rabbit trapping continues with success. Hopefully your gardens are doing better.
If you spot any animals of any kind in the traps, please send a text message to the telephone number on the trap, or email Stewart at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please report any NEW rabbit sightings to the above address, giving the date/time seen, and where seen, including plot number if known.
A Big Thank You to our Volunteers
Thanks to all who turned out on a gloomy Saturday morning to help replace the plastic on the greenhouse and clean up the interior. A special thanks to former gardener, Jesse South, who lead the plastic replacement activity.
Things to plant in the garden in November
Early to mid month: Carrot, Chard, Mustard, Turnip.
All month: Kale, Lettuce, Radish, Spinach.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Garden
- President - Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Vice-President - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Ginny Heilman email@example.com
- Treasurer - Jack Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Michael Hall email@example.com
- Director - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Linda Francescone email@example.com
- Zone 1, Jody Trendler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Jing Li firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Irina Kaducova email@example.com
- Zone 9, Cheryl Hazeltine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Margaret Powis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Michael Hall email@example.com
- TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Rental - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Stewart Nichols firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - the Virtual Green Binder