Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
7 December 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
Holiday Potluck: Delicious Food, Music and Community!
Pictures are on the Garderers Picture Page
This year's holiday potluck was successful, thanks to the hard work of all who contributed! The weather cooperated, so once plates were heaped with a selection from the bounty inside the portable, community members could head outside to eat and talk. The music was a lovely addition.
Thank you to Ila and John Falvey for organizing a memorable evening.
- Sunday, Dec 10 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am Garden Work Day: join fellow gardeners to complete your volunteer hours. Hosted by Zone 10 coordinator Chris Schroder.
Holiday Donations to Micah 6 Food Pantry
From Dana Kuykendall: Help make Sunshine Gardens Annual Food Donation the Best Ever!!
During the month of December, our volunteers will include store-bought items in our regular 9 a.m. Saturday delivery of fresh produce. We invite all gardeners to be a part of this food drive by placing their items in the large basket located in the trailer labeled food pantry donations. Barry Smith, Micah 6 Food Pantry Director, appreciates all that Sunshine Gardens donates throughout the year and suggests any shelf stable items that would help complete a family holiday meal. Canned meats (including hams); canned vegetables such as green beans, french fried onions, yams, and corn; soups, chilis, canned fruits, pie fillings, dessert mixes, drink mixes, hot cocoa, instant coffee, shelf stable milk.
We have 4 more Saturdays in the month of December so remember the Micah Food Pantry when you do grocery shopping. Place your items in the basket in the trailer and we will deliver each Saturday this month at 9am.
Thanks very much for your generosity. You can find out more about Micah 6 from a recent Edible Austin article.
Free Mushroom Compost Available
Community member Guazu recently mentioned that organic mushroom compost is available for free from a local farm. People would need to pick it up themselves. If someone with a truck wants to haul compost to Sunshine for others, we could certainly arrange for a spot for it and assistance loading and unloading. Please email Guazu: email@example.com or Randy.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder