Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
8 December 2016
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
Reminder: Deadline for Fall Season Service Hours Is 12/31.
The deadline for completing fall season service hours is December 31 - just three weeks away. A review of the Green Binder database shows, as of 12/7, over 700 required service hours still need to be worked or logged. Gardeners are billed for unworked required service hours (TSBVI - $50, Regular - $20 for first two, $10 for others). Gardeners should check the Green Binder on the Sunshine Gardens website for both their required hours and the number recorded. Gardeners should keep in mind that the last two Saturdays in December (12/24 and 12/31) are Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
WINTER WORKDAY - All Service Hours are due 12-31-2016!!!
- Bundle up and come out to Sunshine for one or both workdays this weekend.
- Get your hours done and meet others in the community!
- Short but sweet!
- Saturday 12/10 from 2-4pm...ideally, please arrive for a 2pm group start
- Sunday 12/11 from 2-4pm...ideally, please arrive for a 2pm group start
- Water, hot coffee, tea and hot spiced apple cider will be provided
- Please feel free to bring holiday cookies or treats to share either day
- Both TBVSI and Regular Hours tasks will be available.
- Due to the holidays, THESE ARE LAST TWO WORK DAYS of 2016!
- Gardeners are encouraged to check the Virtual Green Binder at the web site to see if they need any hours for fall season deadline. Be sure and record any hours worked.
- Reminder: There are financial penalties for failing to completing your required hours.
Even if you have met your requirements, Sunshine always appreciates work "over and above" so come on out!
A list of tasks that to be performed can be found at Service Hours Guide
More Service Hours Opportunities:
Calling All HERBinites!
Saturday, December 10th, 1 pm
Hey gardeners! Do you love putting tiny seeds in pots of soils? If so, this is an opportunity for you to fulfill that desire as well as help the garden prepare for the Spring Plant Sale. We will be meeting in the Sunshine greenhouse on Saturday December 10th at 1:00 PM to start herb seeds. Please contact Jennifer Woertz at email@example.com if you are interested in helping. Herb seeds, soil, and fresh air will be provided!
Holiday Potluck a Success!!!
We gave the TSBVI a donation of $3,800 - the total net income from the Fall Plant Sale. We also presented a pass-along donation of $250 to All Blind Children of Texas. This is the amount of the donation we received from the Irex Foundation earlier this year.
More pictures can be found on the Picture Page
Featured Gardener Articles
If you are interested in being a featured gardener in the Weekly Weeder please fill out the survey.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Jeff Monks email@example.com
- Vice President - Jim Willmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder