Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
14 December 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
More on Mushrooms
South Austin Brite Ideas is offering a FREE class with Jason Avent, Mushrooms and Mushroom Composting For your Garden.
Mushrooms are a delicious and nutritious food. Learn how easy these are to grow and how their "leftovers" of mushroom compost are a valuable addition to your garden and landscape. Make your own mushrooms and compost out of the wastes you already have and unlock the value of your organic resources. Live in-class inoculation!
December 16th - 12:00 pm
- Saturday, Dec 16 from 12:00 pm Mushrooms and Mushroom Composting: free class (see above for more information)
- Sunday, Dec 17 from 3 pm to 5 pm Final Organized Work Day led by Zone 6 coordinators Charlotte Jernigan and Marilyn Landberg. The deadline for volunteer hours is December 31, so please check the Green Binder on the website to make sure your hours have been recorded.
Sunshine's Snow Surprise
On Friday, December 8, community member Tim Loughran captured images of Sunshine in the snow. Thank you for rising early and sharing the photographs, Tim!
Sunshine gardeners were lucky that this snow was not accompanied by a hard freeze, so it is thought that no one lost winter crops.
RIP, A Chicken Coop Loss
From Ila Falvey: The little Banty passed on to chicken Heaven Dec. 12 after a long life (18 years) at Sunshine.
Thanks to all who have recently donated items for the 'Passalongs and Ornamentals' Tables for Sunshine's 2018 Spring Sale. Please hold on to your donations until closer to our sale in March. If questions and to coordinate donations: contact Susan Prosperie (email@example.com).
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder