Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
25 February 2015
9 Days 'til Spring Plant Sale, Sale. Sale.
For those of you who have been hibernating or otherwise engaged, our big fundraiser, the Spring Plant Sale is due to take place on Saturday 7th March 9:00am to 2:00pm.
There will be over 130 varieties of tomatoes, 80+ peppers and many varieties of eggplant for sale. In addition there will be herbs and passalong plants from our gardener's gardens. There will be bagged compost for sale, vendors, and local musicians. Check out the plant lists at the website.
In order to make all this happen we need Volunteers. There are many tasks that have to be accomplished before the sale, during the sale and after the sale.
Calling all volunteers - View the sign-up page.
We need gardeners to collect flat boxes for purchasers to put their plants in. Leave any suitable containers in the trailer.
The following musicians/magicians have agreed to perform:
- 9:00 Minor Mishap Marching Band website
- 10:00 Bob Slaughter - First Set website
- 10:30 Cranius Astounding Children's Show website
- 11:00 Bob Slaughter - Second Set website
- 12:00 Adrienne Braswell website
This is the last weekend before the Plant Sale, and gardeners are reminded that your plot should be presentable including the several feet around it.
Anyone who has Gardening items or a skill that they are prepared to offer in the silent auction, please get in touch with Ila, email address at the end of this letter.
Get those work hours in while it's still cool.
Work Day starting at 8:30 on Saturday - show up when you can. Ila Falvey and Cheryl Hazeltine will be leading. See contact information at the end of this newsletter.
Wednesday 4th March 9:00 am, all day.
Thursday 5th March 9:00 am all day.
There will be lots of tasks to do at the garden for the week of 1st - 6th March. Just check with Randy or Janet.
Friday 6th March compost baggers are needed to fill the plastic sacks.
No cars allowed on the garden after 2:00 pm Friday 6th March.
To do in February
Mid to Late month: plant Mustard, Beets, Collards, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Radish, Turnip
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Garden
- President - Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Secretary - Ginny Heilman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Jack Reynolds email@example.com
- Director - Michael Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Director - vacant
- Zone 1, Jody Trendler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Jing Li firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Irina Kaducova email@example.com
- Zone 9, Cheryl Hazeltine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Margaret Powis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Michael Hall email@example.com
- TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Rental - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Stewart Nichols firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - the Virtual Green Binder