Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
27 April 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
Thanks from Martin and Ila to everyone that worked on the flower gardens last weekend. Special thanks to Martin for his weed eating skills.
SCG Flower Garden Maintenance - Volunteers Needed
The Community flower gardens are shaping up but more work is needed. The only way to maintain these gardens is to have a maintenance team. A team is necessary because of the volume of work as well as the need to be able to identify plants. Thanks to Julia and Jill who volunteered to be members of the team. Other gardeners are invited to join.
If interested please contact Ila at firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Elections - Nominations Needed
Sunshine board elections are coming up in May and we're asking for nominations to fill the president, vice president and treasurer position for 2 year terms. If you are interested in a leadership role at Sunshine and would like to know more about the job, Please contact any of the following gardeners who are on the nominating committee.
- Ila Falvey - email@example.com
- Margaret Powis - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jen Woertz - email@example.com
- Susan Prosperie - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marianne Mulrey - email@example.com
All Gardeners Ice Cream Social - Save the date!
At SCG - Sunday, May 7th, 3:00 pm
- Say goodbye to longtime gardener Nancy Siebert. She has been at Sunshine over 20 years, serving as president, vice president and chairperson of the plant sale. She was also instrumental in establishing the Micah 6 food bank garden. Her contributions and hard work have contributed to the success of Sunshine.
- The success of our plant sale. Financial info.
- To meet the nominees for President, Vice President and Secretary for the 2017-2019 term.
- For gardeners long time and new to meet each other.
All Gardeners Meeting - Save the date
Saturday, May 20th - 10:00 am
- Election of new officers.
- Rate Increase discussion and member ratification vote.
- 1 new Site Rule and 1 Site Rule Amendment for member ratification vote - listed below.
Community Garden - Leadership Training
May 16, 6:00 - 8:00 pm & May 17, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Sustainable Food Center
2921 E. 17th St Bldg C
Austin, Tx 78722
What to do in your garden in May
Vegetables: Lima Beans, Snap Beans, Chard, Cucumber, Okra, Black-Eyed Peas, Peppers, Pumpkin, Malabar Spinach, New Zealand Spinach, Summer Squash, Winter Squash, Tomatillo.
Fruits: Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Watermelon.
Herbs: Anise, Basil, Bay, Catnip, Cumin, Germander, Horehound, Lamb's Ear, Lavender, Oregano, Perilla, Rosemary, Sage, Summer Savory, Winter Savory, Sorrel, Southernwood, Tansy, Tarragon, Thyme.
Annuals: Castor Bean, Celosia, Coleus, Cypress Vine, Four O'clocks, Gomphrena, Gourds, Hyacinth Bean Vine, Impatiens, Marigold, Moonflower Vine, Morning Glory Vine, Periwinkle, Sunflower, Tithonia, Zinnia and many others.
Vegetables: Chard, Cucumber, Eggplant, Malabar Spinach, New Zealand Spinach, Okra, Peppers, Summer Squash, Winter Squash, Sweet Potato slips, Tomatillo.
Fruits: Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Watermelon.
Herbs: Artemesias (Mugwort, Southernwood, Wormwood), Basil, Bay Laurel, Beebalm, Catnip, Catmint, Echinacea, Epazote, Lamb's Ear, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena, Mexican Mint Marigold, Mints, Oregano, Pennyroyal, Rosemary, Sage, Winter Savory, Tansy, Thyme, Yarrow.
Annuals: Ageratum, Amaranthus (Joseph's Coat), Balsam, Begonia, Blue Daze, Celosia, Coleus, Copper Plant, Dusty Miller, Gazania, Geranium, Gomphrena, Impatiens, Marigold, Mexican Heather, Nierembergia, Penta, Periwinkle, Portulaca, Purslane, Torenia, Zinnia and many more.
Perennials: Black-Eyed Susan,Butterfly Weed, Copper Canyon Daisy, Cupheas, Coreopsis, Shasta Daisy, Ox-Eye Daisy, Four-Nerve Daisy, Daylily, Echinacea/Coneflower, Eupatoriums (including Gregg's Mistflower), Frog Fruit, Gayfeather, Goldenrod, Horse Herb, Kniphofia, Lamb's Ears, Lantana, Plumbago,
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Jeff Monks email@example.com
- Vice President - Jim Willmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder