Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
21 December 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
Check the Temps Over the Holiday
There is a cold front heading to this area that might bring temperatures below freezing for more than 24 hours. Think ahead if you are leaving town or need to protect your garden!
- December 31: All service hours are due If you need to complete hours, please read below.
Sunshine Community Gardens sends a big thank you Victor for playing Santa Claus! The garden now has many white buckets.
Service Hours Completion
As of this writing, there are no further workdays planned for this semester. As of the last Workday 12/17/17, all of the weeding, edging and path maintenance for the TBVSI and Accessibility Gardens has been completed for this month. Grounds & Compost Area trash pickup was also completed.
All hours are due 12-31-2017. If you still need hours before the deadline, you will need to complete required tasks on your own, although Ila Falvey has two options if you need guidance (please see below).
Here is the general guide for Service Hours.
Remaining tasks that qualify for your required TSVBI Hour ($50.00 fee if not completed)
- Edging all curbs and sidewalks for the entire length width of Sunshine outside the fence (on both 49th Sunshine Dr)
- Collect any accumulated trash, rocks and debris outside of the fence or at either bus stop on the Sunshine borders
- Detailed weeding of fences trees and weeds only - do not remove any vines. South and west fences most needed.
- Mowing outside of the fence and immediately inside of the fence if needed
- The front garden needs to be reworked - please contact Ila Falvey
Remaining Tasks that qualify for Regular Service Hours
- Clean both trailer bathrooms
- Clean the trailer kitchen, clean and organize kitchen storage cabinets and refrigerator/freezer
- Clean & dust the trailer Storage Room & "Micah Cold Room" (formerly the library)
- Sweep and mop entire trailer floor
- Maintenance of the two foot area that extends out from your plot border into any common area (into paths, parking lot, grass through-fares, etc.)
- Weeding and mulching any Common path or Zone path as needed
- Detailed edging or border maintenance around the Hoop House, the Garden Port or along any common garden that is near the trailer. Note: Due to special maintenance plans, work inside common gardens like the Bus Stop, Driveway Xerascape, Herb, Micah-6, Tomato Test, etc. requires coordination with each garden's sponsor.
- Marge's plot will be converted to quarter plots -- please contact Ila Falvey
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder